I have released libusb-1.0.0. libusb is a library which allows you to write applications that interact with USB devices, without the requirement of writing a kernel device driver.
The new libusb-1.0 branch includes new features and improvements over previous versions of the library. Here is a brief run-down, see the release announcement for more details:
- Support for isochronous endpoints.
- Asynchronous I/O for advanced users.
- A simple, synchronous I/O interface also exists (in the style of libusb-0.1).
- Lightweight with very few dependencies
- Thread safety
- Power saving
- Reduced CPU usage and power drain
- Increased USB throughput
- Detailed API documentation
- Compatibility with libusb-0.1 through the libusb-compat-0.1 compatibility layer