Problems with GConf#

Beginning to wonder if GConf for the configuration system was such a good choice after all. I’m getting slightly random Segfaults (yes, segmentation faults from a mono application, I thought it was odd too..).

Everything has been going according to plan until I start adding live update notification, so that beagled can immediately realise when a config option has been changed. Then (most of the time), when I change the configuration, I get segfaults before control is passed back to beagled. I’ve been advised that this might be a threading issue – I can’t get my head around why this might be the case, but then again, I can’t reproduce it in a simple test app.. Hmm…

On another note, I managed to sort out a problem with the timing of one of my exams which means I can now make GUADEC – I’ve got my flight booked :)

One Response to “Problems with GConf#”

  1. lemming Says:

    GNOME User And Developer European Conference

    Es ist selten dass ein bedeutendes OpenSource-Event in der Nähe des eigenen Heimatortes stattfindet. Ich habe das Glück. Vom 29. bis 31. Mai 2005 findet in Stuttgart die sechste »GNOME User And Developer European Conference« statt. Als Gäste kommen un…

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.