- Fixed auto-detection of search language on default browser homepage
- Upstreamed a patch from Walter Bender to fix some issues with the OLPC Azerty Keyboard.
- Fixed XO-1 mesh networking incompatibility with new kernels
- Fixed the root disk partition showing up as a “OLPCRoot” user mount
- Worked around a suspend/resume instability in the libertas wifi driver.
- Fixed recording video in high-quality mode on XO-1.5
Archive for May, 2012
This week I’ve been working on OLPC’s upcoming 12.1.0 software release:
- Diagnosed a Physics activity crash with the grab tool.
- Fixed a boot-time race with audio level configuration.
- Fixed a libertas crash with 11d handling.
- Fixed the “Search OLPC” functionality on the default homepage
- Fixed /home/olpc permissions on upgrade from pre-F17 and an imperfection with pristine update.
- Tested activation under 12.1.0.
A number of difficult problems this week, but some progress was made.
- Helped diagnosis of an audio codec driver problem with our the XO-1.75 kernel upgrade.
- Attempted diagnosis of a Fedora 17 ARM build problem with the llvm package, which was blocking a lot of things. We have a workaround now.
- Investigated the challenges around getting Flash and Java working on a GTK+-3 WebKit.
- Found a workaround to fix gcc crashyness on the XO-1.75, reported to Marvell.