- Fixed some 12.1.0 odds-and-ends: disabling of tap-to-click, USB automounting, rebuilding library index, eth device naming, XO-1 partition mounting, Record photo capture, lack of wireless on XO-1.75, Frame key in Sugar.
- Diagnosed why OLPC trac was slow and made it faster.
- Clarified the process with Peter for contributions via updated Fedora packages for 12.1.0.
- Started working on automatic partition/filesystem resize.
Archive for March, 2012
- Finished implementing an initial plymouth-based OLPC boot animation. With systemd, bootup is so fast that (after first boot) we barely have time to do any animating on screen.
- Overcame the last few obstacles for an ARM build of 12.1.0; this will be released tomorrow.
- Implemented the new build filename scheme for 12.1.0 and onwards.
- Fixed a handful of small issues in the 12.1.0 builds.
- Fixed some more Fedora 17 ARM package build issues, inching closer to a F17 XO-1.75 image for testing.
- Updated olpc-dm for systemd, solving various problems including a lack of networking in the latest 12.1.0 development build.
- Solved XO-1 boot problem in latest development build.
- Started development of an OLPC boot animation theme for plymouth, so that we can drop our custom animation software.
- Formalised OLPC OS 12.1.0 release plan and schedule.
A summary of my work over the last week:
- Fixed and built various Fedora 17 packages for ARM, working towards a OLPC XO-1.75 build. 5 problematic packages remain.
- Fixed a hippocanvas-related crash causing Sugar to segfault on start on Fedora 17.
- Progressed on getting a couple of kernel patches upstream.
- Worked on getting a new XO-1/XO-1.5 Fedora 17 image built from OLPC infrastructure. Nearly there.