My work this week:
- Fixed a trivial problem in Fedora’s portmidi packaging which was pulling Java into OLPC software builds for no reason
- Fixed Sugar activity installation in olpc-os-builder thanks to Jerry Vonau
- Battled with prelink which is disrupting our update path
- olpc-update minor improvements and testing
- 11.2.0 build 19 release and testing
My OLPC work this week:
- Finished merging Simon’s dotted Sugar activity version support from a few months ago now that appropriate base libraries are in Fedora.
- More work on the libertas resume hang bug. I may have identified the cause and fixed it, testing next week will confirm.
- Some forward-looking work on running rawhide (to become Fedora 16) on the XOs.
- Cleaned up some kernel odds-and-ends, upstreamed a couple more patches
My work for OLPC over the past week:
- Submitted the 11 power management kernel patches prepared last week
- Progress on the libertas resume crash, but still not fixed.
- Tested and merged Jon’s XO-1.5 hardware mouse cursor work
- Tested and merged James’s zhashfs sparse image work for faster fs-update
- Fixed widget layout issue in Sugar’s “Switch to GNOME” dialog
- Fixed setting of the system hostname
- Fixed a bug where Record won’t record audio unless a camera is present
- 11.2.0 build 18 release and testing, and planning of the release