[fprint] Setup of pam_fprint on Ubuntu

Alain Sabban alain.sabban at wanadoo.fr
Fri Nov 23 15:53:36 GMT 2007

Hello,

I'm running Gutsy on my laptop. I downloaded and compiled without
problem : libfprint, pam_fprint and fprint_demo.

My laptop has an aes2501 which is recognized by fprint_demo. fprint_demo
works nice with it.

Now, I'm following the setup for pam_fprint but Ubuntu Gutsy is a bit
different than Gentoo. I'm at the step where the line :
auth       sufficient   pam_fprint.so

should be added to /etc/pam.d/system-auth.

In Ubuntu, I don't have any /etc/pam.d/system-auth file.

It seems that this file is rather splitted in different pieces :
common-account, common-auth, common-password,...

Can someone point what file has to be changed and what should be lines
to add ?

Thx