[fprint] Installation instructions

miguel@jmroque.net miguel at jmroque.net
Fri Nov 23 09:39:09 GMT 2007

Hi.

Nice instructions.

I have something that you may add there at the Troubleshooting where
you mention the PKG_CONFIG_PATH error, if you install in the default
location (/usr/local) or even when installed in /usr you can allways
receive that error. At least with me that hapen on my Fedora 8. I've
solved that by issuing the following before trying to build pam_fprint
and the demo:

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

You have to adjust to the path where the libs where build. In this
example they where made with --prefix=/usr, but if the libs are built
as normal (without prefix) then it should point to
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig.

This will solve all the problems and pam_fprint and the demo can now
be compiled.

Miguel