[fprint] Driver for Upek Eikon model no. TCRD4C4 (aka. Eikon II)

Jorge Suárez de Lis yo at jorgesuarezdelis.name
Sun Apr 25 01:38:09 BST 2010

Hello,

I've managed to get this device working with libfprint 0.1.0 pre2, with
a modified version of the upekts driver.

There is one huge problem here: this device has the same ID as the
upeksonly supported device, so:

 * we can't simply add support for this device without conflicting with
the upeksonly driver
 * if you just want to make it work, apply the patch and compile without
upeksoly support (or edit upeksonly.c and change the ids).

Please notice this is a hackish modification by guesses based on the USB
traffic gathered from both the original upekts driver and the privative
tool provided by upek for linux. It works for me, but it may not work
for you. Also, with this patch I'm ditching the support for the original
device supported by this driver.

You can find the patch here:
http://sharing.jorgesuarezdelis.name/2010/upekts-upek_eikon_tcr4d.diff

Some thoughts about the IDs problem? What's next? Should I rename the
driver? Or it would be better to change the upekts driver to support
both devices?

Sincerely,

--
Jorge Suárez de Lis <yo at jorgesuarezdelis.name>