[fprint] Question regarding fp_print_data_get_data()

infralite infralite at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 08:36:45 BST 2008

> Aren't Python bindings moot when we want to promote the use of the D-Bus
> daemon (and thus free Python bindings through D-Bus introspection)?

Potentially, yet if I'm thinking straight, fprintd is going through major
development at this point. Furthermore, it uses libusb 1.0, which is quite
new in itself. A lot of distros still use the old libusb and will probably
continue to do so for a while because of the other things that depend on it.

Now, with all the previous experience and code we have, this should not take
more than a few days of development, and it should be quite useful until
everything is settled on the libusb and fprintd side of things.

~ Mehmet Ali Akmanalp