[fprint] fin002 Fingerprint Reader

James Klaas jklaas at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 14:02:25 GMT 2007

I have a USB fingerprint reader from some generic manufacturer
(actually, I suspect it's from magitech, www.magictec.com.tw) that has
the fingerprint scanner module connected to a flash storage chip.
That means this reader shows up as a mass storage device, but doesn't
have any "disks" on it.  The PCB does seem to have solder pads for a
memory chip though.

I've taken SniffUSB snoops of it and I'd be happy to post those if it
would help.  If any one is interested in pictures of the PCB it will
be a little bit until I can get those.

I also have the Targus fingerprint scanner/2 port hub and that works
great!  Thanks.

James