[fprint] AES1610 on ASUS R2H

Daniel Bratu daniel.bratu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 00:39:45 GMT 2007

Hi all,

 First of all thanks for the effort you put in developing this.
 I was looking for a solution  to  the fingerprint scanner for  my
tablet pc, ASUS R2H running Ubuntu Gutsy
and I found your driver for AES1610.
 I managed to build fprint_demo but there are issues when trying to
enroll fingers:
 - bad scan or
 - aes1610:warning [capture] swiping finger too slow?
   Segmentation fault (core dumped)

 Also some notes from a user using this application on a tablet pc at
800x480:
 - can the window be made to fit such display?

Also to be able to run the application and get rid of the error:

aes1610:error [dev_init] could not claim interface 0

I had to do like in this post::
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=525969:
/*1. Create a group called _usbusers_
2. Add yourself to this group
3. Edit the file **/etc/udev/rules.d/40-permissions.rules (for this, you
must have administrative privileges)
3.1 Search for the following lines

*/
/*Code:*/

/*# USB devices (usbfs replacement)
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb_device",                    MODE="0664"*/

/* 3.2 Change them to the following

*/
/*Code:*/

/*# USB devices (usbfs replacement)
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb_device", GROUP="usbusers", MODE="0664"*/

/*and then do
*/
/*Code:*/

/*sudo /etc/init.d/udev restart*/