[fprint] aes1610 image capture failed, code -5 (EIO)

Vishal Rao vishalrao at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 16:53:06 GMT 2007

On Nov 25, 2007 9:39 PM, Vishal Rao <vishalrao at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll try some more swipes to get more successful scans...

OK, I increased the MAX_FRAMES from 150 to 350 to avoid "swiping too
slow?" error, then I press firmly and swipe really slow.

I now get better scans (attached) and the minutae count is 10 to 20
but the bozorth score is anywhere from 3 to 12 which I guess is not
enough for a match value of 15?

Will keep trying (higher MAX_FRAMES and going even slower), but is
there something I can do to get a better/bigger scan with more minutae
without the need for pressing down harder and swiping ultra-slow? I
can reduce the bozorth value from 15 to 10 to get a "match" but then
that might get false positives and unauthorised logins :-P

Thanks! Its fun playing with this software with my reader :-)

--
"Thou shalt not follow the null pointer for at it's end madness and chaos lie."