[fprint] Problems with pam_fprint

Daniel Drake dan at reactivated.net
Thu Nov 22 21:49:09 GMT 2007

João Miguel Roque wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Yes, it's the same error as before.
>
> I've placed the libfprint.pc file under /usr/lib/pkgconfig dir and it
> gives the same error! Tryed also placing that file in the dir where the
> source of pam_fprint is and it gives the same error.

You should not have had to place the file there. If you installed
libfprint into the /usr prefix it should have been installed there for
you. I'm wondering if you didn't install it correctly or something like
that. When libfprint is installed correctly you should be able to run
"pkg-config --modversion libfprint" and see "0.0.4" or whatever version
you installed.

Maybe you don't have pkg-config installed. If you do, perhaps try
setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH in your environment.

If nobody else can offer suggestions you may have more luck asking on
fedora forums or mailing lists - I don't have much experience with
fedora, and this is all generic compilation stuff, nothing libfprint
specific.

Daniel