[fprint] aes1610 support

Vishal Rao vishalrao at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 15:33:25 GMT 2007

On Nov 17, 2007 8:28 PM, Daniel Drake <dan at reactivated.net> wrote:
> Daniel Drake wrote:
> >> I have an AES1610 in an HP Pavilion tx1302au tablet PC which is listed
> >> under the unsupported portion of your wiki. Do you think it's possible
> >> to use one of the existing drivers and just add the USB ID to the USB
> >> table and get it to work, or is there a lot of binary data changes in
> >> there? Any chance of seeing this model supported in the near future?
> >
> > I don't know much about this device, and don't have specs either.
> >
> > I was recently made aware of a project called fingerforce and I saw this
> > on their mailing list:
> > http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/fingerforce-devel/2007-September/000015.html
> >
> > So, maybe try adding the USB ID to libfprint's aes2501 driver, and/or
> > try contacting the people in that email to get their code and an
> > explanation of changes needed on top of the aes2501 driver.
>
> Did you get a chance to try this and contact the people in that mail?
> I'm interested in supporting these devices. If you haven't had a chance
> yet, I will send the email myself.

No I haven't, will be great if you contact them. That email mentions
they want to add the code to Debian's fingerforce but there wasn't any
license/copyright in the code yet... I didn't see if there was a
followup to that email...

In the mean time let me try to find time this weekend to try adding
the usb id to the AES2501 driver and see if that works!

Cheers,
Vishal